Hot Rod Forum banner

305 ho cam

7K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  vinniekq2 
#1 ·
im trying to decide on a cam

305 bored .40 over flat tops, ported 416 (ho) heads edelbrock performer intake, geting a 650 edelbrock carb not sure if its to much carb but geting it cheap so gonna try it, th 350 transmission, 4:10 rear gears, 35inch tires, and a guess around 2800 pound rig. and someday down the road maybe a 75 shot of nitrous

this is the cam i was thinking about Lunati Bracket Master II Cam and Lifter Kits 80350LK - SummitRacing.com. thanks in advance for any response

not switching to a 350 i no i could make more power for the same money but i got this motor out of a smashed truck for dirt cheap

This post has been deleted
#5 ·
thanks for the responses... i jumped the gun got a good deal on a comp cam and lifters 218 218 at .50 454 lift 110 lsa. its a pipe buggy mainly for sand/mud drags but i will do some touring around old woods roads and trails..stock torq right now but will be geting a stall torq i was thinking a 3000 stall but i didnt no they where usally 500rpm less then what there advertised, as for compression ratio im not sure the heads are comin off hopfullyy this week and going to get checked and get new springs and i will be buying that gasket you recommended. the heads have stock valves no bowl work i just basically ported it to match the intake gasket ( first time playing around with porting just trying learn )

#9 ·
it has a th350 newer then 81 (has the eltric plug in ) i bought a cam 218 218 at .50 454 lift 110 lsa trying to decide on going with the 1.94 / 1.60 valves and 3 angle valve job but i dont really want to sink a whole bunch of money into a 305.. mileage is not a concern as it is only for offroad use for exhaust i run upright headers one pipe for each cylinder straight up not sure how they compare to long tube headers performance wise. as for rear gears torq etc i havent decided 100 percent on anything yet

#14 ·
thanks for sharing those articles and all your input i am going to go with the 1.94 valve then go at porting them im sure if i do lots of reaseach and put the time into it i will be happy with the results...one other quick question sence my motor is going to want to rev should i ditch the performer and move up to a performer rpm air gap intake ?

#16 ·
After you finish the porting on your heads and deshrouding the 1.94 valves make sure the chambers are 58cc. With 58cc chambers and the .015 thick head gaskets your static compression will be 10.0 and with the Comp cam the DCR will be 8.3. Is there any way to run shorter tires to get the benefit of your 4.11 gears?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.