Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 305 sbc good idle, Dies when in gear
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 12:28 AM

Last journal entry: epoxy paint
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

When Its in park, and at 1500Rpms it doesnt bog.

I am tight on money and odnt get paid until the 9th. Would it serve me to get a higher stall converter (2400?-3000?) as well as a smaller cfm carburator. I think I might be able to afford those two items (I need a seat too!) to get her going.

OR

Because of a lack of funds would I be able to install smaller Jets ($7 vs. $200) and get the higher stall converter.

would someone think that the cam would be okay with one of these set ups? (i know it'd be better to know the lift and duration)

Then Later down the road I'll get 3.73-4.11 rear gears.

I just need to get this thing out of storage (220 per month!) and on the Road for the smallest amount of money. But It needs to be a cost effective route so I dont end up paying more than I need to in the end.

Im hoping These are the last few steps to my seven month marathon with this el camino. The wiring is mostly complete, The brakes are redone, the steering is redone, The rust is gone (OH the RUST), the tires are great, the chrome is complete (all there), the windows are in great condition, the paint is stripped, the body is clean, Im currently painting with black epoxy, the Dash is re-painted and "set up custom" to my liking, the carpet kit is about to go in, the doors and hood are going back on, and Im outta there in two weeks. This is the plan anyway. Thanks