Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 305 sbc good idle, Dies when in gear
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 07:29 AM
street rods forever

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well '70 that video is better than first one....After watching first one I got up from my chair n fell over I was so friggin sea sick.....haha
IMHO....Forget the big cam you aint got one,,forget the converter you dont need one.... save your pennies for other things you need

You have a lot of good advice here...
"if you aint got the funds pay attention"
Get rid o that 750.... somebody said "do the math".1/2 turn no way

You wont be able to time it,you wont be able to get proper vacuum,youll just keep loading engine with raw gas.Maybe that's why the blow by,your washing the rings.....I wondering what the oil looks or feel like.
Not to mention the fouled plugs youre going thru$$$$$$$$$.
The last video sounds like engine is "lazy" which means timing has to be "advanced".IMO dont touch anymore till you get right carb,try to borrow one smaller to try out.I ya think the modulator is bad ,,,change that.

I ain't pickin on ya bud... all good experience for you.I not gonna answer this post anymore till I see video of it painted,and running right....
Sorry for long post and babbling on,hope other guys dont mind,just tryin to help.
Have a good day..........

RIP doc

Last edited by KRUZR; 11-03-2007 at 09:15 AM.