Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 305 sbc good idle, Dies when in gear
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 04:27 PM

Last journal entry: epoxy paint
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thank goodness I have you guys and this site. I havent taken the heads off of an engine so I was a little excited to rip em' off. But I'm really glad that I dont have too. Its definately oil, and I wasnt positive that it was coming from the heads. I think its probably the intake manifold gasket that is leaking.

I recently took the manifold off and put it back on without replacing the gaskets. Now I can do it right (shouldve done it the first time ). Im on a time crunch to get the car out of the unit and on the street within the next two weeks. I just want her running so I dont need to pay for such a huge storage unit. I'll get a smaller one and store the accessories, carpet kit, chrome etc. in that. I also have a few ideas for turning a smaller unit into a "workshop" that I can run a small ebay side business from.

Fbird88, the car has always been really rough and boggy off the line. Its never been this bad and I havent noticed that much oil from the manifold gasket as well as had this bad of an idle since I put the manifold and carb. back on. This time I'm obviously replacing the gaskets and Im going to run a bead of sealant along the front a rear of the manifold instead of using the rubber gaskets that have been on their (which is where the leak SEEMS to be comming from)

Thanks for all of the advice and words of encouragement. It helps more than y'all know (no we dont usually say y'all in Southern California but it seemed appropriate ) Have a wonderful week everybody!