Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 307 sbc
Thread: 307 sbc
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 05:31 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-BIRD'88 View Post
re size your digital pictures before posting them. Use Irfanview. its a free download.
50MB to 75 MB JPG file size and 640x480 resolution is plenty big.

The raw file size and picture resolution that your digital camera produces is way too big for internet posting.

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebit68 View Post
Thanks F-bird'88. I'll give it a try. Building a 10 second car is easy compared to posting pics on the internet...LOL...well, for me anyway, not real computer savvy
Snakebit68, I agree with F-Bird'88 on Irfanview. I use it constantly for photo editing. It's a free program and it works GREAT.

I have a couple of Irfanview instructional PDF files that I made up for the Yahoo Group "Sharpfans". I also have them posted at Keepandshare.com, you can view and download from there, or I can email them to anybody who would like to have them.

The first file, Irfanview - Getting Started, shows how to use Irfanview to resize your photos and several other options like adding text captions to your photos and cropping your photos.

The second file, Irfanview - Panoramas and Screenshots, shows how to make a panorama (merge multiple photos into 1 big photo) and how to do screenshots of your computer monitor using Irfanview.

Hope this will help get you "up to speed" on working with your photos. It's really pretty easy once you've done it a few times.

Ed