Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 31 Ford door glass
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 02:58 PM
61 and still rodding!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

31 Ford door glass

I purchased a 31 Ford 5 window coupe that has been chopped 2 1/2" by the previous owner. It has crank up side windows and I would like to put in electric. The previous owner installed the felt glass channel in the form of one piece which travels from one side over the top and down the other side. This has worn out and I would like to replace with new. I thought that Ford used the felt channel on the door pillar sides and a rubber piece with a groove along the top? The glass that was put in has a rather large radius at the top corners which means they had to match that radius when they carried the channel around and across the top and back down again. This makes the corners from the inside of the doors look weird as you can see the entire piece of channel as it curves around the radius and does not fill the opening all the way into the corner before going across the top. Question: what is the "norm" for Hot Rods now? Would it be better to replace the glass. Place the felt channel only in the sides and the other rubber bumper piece across the top or just replace what they used before? Thanks for your help!