32 chevy truck channeling - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2002, 07:03 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post 32 chevy truck channeling

I'm channeling my 32 it didn't come with a floor,I think the floor mite have been made of wood anyway it has a hand built frame 32"od ,the body tappers in front and sits on the frame and is also 32"od in front. I want to drop it down and build a floor .I bought 1x1 tubing for the structure suport in the middle .I'm thinking using 1/8sheet metal bent in an L to go over my frame and weld to the body that wood serve for my frame to mount on then mig weld the rest of the sheet metel to cover the hole floor.does this make any sense or would you guys do it different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2002, 04:35 PM
street rods forever

Last photo:

Dorsey ,your floor idea sounds good to me.Im doing same on my 38Dodge pickup.I just made sure the doors are fitted and the body not twisted.
Dont know how experienced you are but keep the fits and weld her up.....good luck
Old 12-29-2002, 12:31 PM

The other idea I had that might work better is building a floor first bent of cardbord then bend a floor just like it with mybe 20 gauge .I've got a little time to think about this ,right now I'm filling in all the holes in the firewall .It looked like swiss cheese ,I didn't want to just put up a sheet of aluminum I'm going for a painted finish.another thing I'm thinking about is should I build the floor before I chop it or vicea versa or does it mater.thanks for your coment
Old 12-31-2002, 06:16 PM
street rods forever

Last photo:

Dorsey,When you mentioned 1/8'" plate for floor, thought you meant L shape over the frame.Iam not using 1/8 for total floor ,Just an L over the frame and down the side a few inches or so.Certainly not gonna use heavy gauge right through.I'm using 20guage for the top of the floor
Sorry about misunderstanding.In my opinion I would make the floor first to "solidify" the main body stucture before choppin it.
Old 01-04-2003, 08:34 PM

so far Ive cut the body for the channel and decided to build a framwork out of 1x1 x1/8 for my floor which is half completed and is looking very structurally sound it is all mig welded ,I took your advice to get the floor done first which is a good idea ,Ive got a lot of welding experience but not much building cars .later

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.