32 Ford....rebuild - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Projects/Builds/My Ride
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2013, 10:55 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

32 Ford....rebuild

Hi all!

My wife was given this little gem by her father last year for her birthday. He had some pretty severe health issue and didnt have the time to finish it off. We have now made the decision to go through the entire truck including the driveline.

This will be slow going as I will only be working on it over the weekends and as funds allow.

Here is a quick pic of the first day at its new home.

Now here is a pic after a few hours of work.

After we pulled the 350/350 out I pulled out all of the interior and tossed it in the trash including the old early 90s blazer steering column

Bought an Ididit column

Now onto the engine.

06 5.3L short block with super low miles. I had a set of 862 heads worked over. The cam is a nasty little girl that I had comp cut for me.

Specs on the cam are 226/230 584/591 110LSA 106ICL

Intake is a Vic JR. EFI with an Accufab 4150 on top of it with an original moon air cleaner for a bit of a retro look.

The alternator mounting I'm not happy with but I will revist that later.

The transmission is a 4L60E that I spared no expensive on. I was pissed when sonnax released their new input drum a week after I finished building this one... But oh well when it goes I will just replace the drum then. Torque converter is still sitting in the box, but it is a TCS 300M billet 3200 Stall. I have used TCS converters in many build and DAMN they are nice.

As of now I'm at the point of gathering more parts. I have a Lokar cable shifter on the way, Wilwood front and rear brake kits, and most of the battery stuff. The Wife is still deciding on a color. Once that is done it will go to Hot Rods By George. We (I will be helping) will be building the radiator core support, Aluminum radiator, Trans crossmember, radiator hoses, Fuel tank, headers, and exhaust.

I have the harness about 90% done and I will be tuning it without the MAF using HP Tuners software.

Stay tuned.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.