Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 32 Ford roadster latch install
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 02:31 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32 Ford HyBoy View Post
I agree that someone botched the first try. Maybe that's why it's missing. I thought that when I finally find a latch that will fit the openings I would add another small plate behind it to stiffin it up and add more support. I appreciate the suggestion on the Bear Claw latch. I'll contact them prior to buying so I can get some measurements before I purchase.... I had installed an actuator on the lid of my model A but it was so slow in opening I didn't like it. In addition, having no latch, I was unable to open the trunk lid on a dead batt. Sometimes I forget that you just can't put a batt. in a trunk with a trunk that opens on electricity... duh.... Thanks for your comeback.
I made up a pretty healthy bracket for mine - that assembly is still around if I can find it in the current disaster in my basement shop (I'm in the middle of a honey do home improvement project) and photograph. No promises though

My little Odyssey 680 battery is under the stereo :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Batt box & stereo1.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	377.9 KB
ID:	73249