Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 32 Roadster (I want to change up suspension)
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:42 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

32 Roadster (I want to change up suspension)

Hello all!!
Last year I bought a 32' roadster. As it sits I would call it a "rat rod" style I guess.
Anyway, since I bought it I have been busy training for Ironman Triathlons and have not had time to 'play'.
The car has some issues that I want to attack and not being familure with these cars I am not real sure how to go about it.
As it sits it has a create 350 Chevy motor (maybe 260hp), which I will be removing and building. Before I start that though I have some issues with the steering and the suspension.
I do not like the front suspension and would like to upgrade it. They way they have it set up (as seen in pic), it is well in front of the radiator. I have not seen this before, but actually kind of like it. The only thing is I wonder if there is a way to install a IFS in that location? Or, what would be a better option that would be better that what is on there now.
I am not real versed on the terminology on any of this, so forgive my ignorance.
I will get to the steering issues after I resolve my front suspension setup.
I home by the photo maybe some of you can see what I have and maybe give some suggestions! I am out of country right now, but will be able to take better photos as soon as I get back if needed!
Thanks for any tips, advise, or whatever
[COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	side of front.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	71454   Click image for larger version

Name:	front shot.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	248.3 KB