Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 32 Roadster (I want to change up suspension)
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 10:05 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

Roadster chassis

From the picts It appears what you have is a T Bucket style chassis, front axle and tie rod out in front. It looks like your body is channeled over the frame. A stock style 32 frame is wider than the T bucket frame and Contoured to match the bottom of the body and floor, and most 32's sit on top of the frame, Highboy Style. The next question is "what is the rear suspension design, does it work right,? Depending on the front frame rail spacing, and contour, you might be able to graft on a IFS kit, , relocate the grill radiator to get the look you want. My 31 Nash roadster project. I still need to fabricate the doors, then start on the chassis, I have a Jag Xj6 IRS for the rear and a Jag F 40 pieces that I will custom fabricate a new crosmember for the front IFS , Make the frame to match and channel the Body, Just my preference, From the Cars I always had to look at when I was a kid, Dudley's Deuce Coupe , chopped, Channeled, Full fenders and running boards, My sister-in-laws father repaired it in 33 after a roll over, chopped the top, etc. a couple of chopped and channeled A coups, A chopped and channeled full fendered 34 pickup. And of course we had to channel the 31 chrysler roadster we built in highschool. My 32 ford glass roadster will go Highboy on repo frame rails, just cause channeling a Glass body is too much hassle for me.