Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 32 Roadster (I want to change up suspension)
View Single Post
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2013, 01:30 PM
pprice pprice is offline
Registered User
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am glad I decided to post here, learning a lot!

One of my issues was I could not figure out what I had as I could not find anything like it on the web, and have never seen a front end like it. Now I know why

I rides a tad bit rough, so I was thinking maybe I could swap stuff out and maybe get a little smoother of a ride.

I have an issue with my steering, but I dont have a photo of that side of the car, so it would be hard for me to explain as I dont know what everything is called, but I will give it a shot.

I have a lot of slack in my steering. I figure it is the 'gear box??' that it goes into that is mounted to the frame on the outside of the firewall must be worn. then it has the rod that attaches to the side of the gearbox (sorry dont know the right name for it), and goes to a bracket that is attached to the inside of the drivers wheel to control the steering. When I turn to the right, my tire hits this rod. I think I should be able to have another bracket made that extends and inch or two closer to the inside of the car which will give more clearance for the wheel to turn (only need and inch or two). Not sure if this will put it in a bind on the other end though.

Not sure if that makes any kind of sense without me having photos, so if not, I will post again about that issue when I can get photos.

Again, yall have helped me a ton just letting me know what I have!!!
Reply With Quote