Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 32 Roadster (I want to change up suspension)
View Single Post
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2013, 01:50 PM
OneMoreTime's Avatar
OneMoreTime OneMoreTime is offline moderator
Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington State
Age: 72
Posts: 8,838
Wiki Edits: 3

Thanks: 220
Thanked 459 Times in 410 Posts
That rod is called the drag link..the contact that you are getting is altered by the bump or travel stops that do not allow the tire to move to the extent that they contact the drag link..maybe a bit different offset in the wheels may help with that..Loose steering can be corrected by either adjusting the steering box play and/or new rod ends on the drag link and tie rod..Then a bit of testing and checking to correct for bump steer and you are home and it is all good..hey we have guys going over 200 with front ends like that and all it takes is some tuning and repair to what you already have..

I have tried most all of it and now do what is known to work..
Reply With Quote