Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 32 Roadster (I want to change up suspension)
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 08:43 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,169 Times in 1,031 Posts
It does look like from these last photos that the drag link (the bar from the pitman arm on the steering box to the spindle) is at an awful steep angle. That bar should be level or matching the angle of the bars that are locating the front axle so they all have the same arch. If they don't when the axle goes up and down the distance between the to changes right? If the difference changes being the bar that is locating the front axle isn't going to change, the drag link effectively gets "longer and shorter" thru the arch and it turns your wheels.

With the little travel most cars like this have it "can" work and you hardly notice it, or it can be very troublesome it's hard to tell from this one photo if this is an issue with yours.

I do know one thing, your car is pretty unique all the way around. I like it personally, I think it is pretty imaginative and damn interesting. It is NOT your typical 32 roadster that pretty much follow a certain "rule book" and will often look very similar one from another at a show. That one is damn unique and damn interesting. I love them all understand, I am certainly not saying the others are boring or anything like that. But building a unique 32 Ford Roadster isn't easy, it has all been done before. If one like yours has been done, I haven't seen it, I dig it.

There is no need to change the whole front end if there is a problem with it, correct that problem and take off down the road with a smile on your face.

Brian