Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 32 Roadster (I want to change up suspension)
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 10:56 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks Brad! Good info! I also agree about the looks of the car being different which is why I was attracted to it in the first place. I drove over 1000 miles to pick it up.
I for sure do not want to change the overall look and feel of the car, I just want to make it function a little better and knock some of the rough edges off of it.
I hope to be able to have time to do some work on it when I get back home and I think I am going to start with the steering! I would like to replace the entire steering column, the steering box, and correct this drag link incline that you pointed out.
It actually drives pretty strait, just has a ton of slack in the wheel. I am going to change the steer column out just because it is a cheap one (I think), and I know they make better.
Because of all the tips here, I think I am not going to mess with the front end as planned "if it aint broke".
Some things I am going to do (just as sidetrack chit chat):
My good friend is a fiberglass master, so we are going to help the body out (not a bad quality kit, just not the best), then repaint (same flat black)
I am going to put a supercharged motor, or one with maybe a Weber 6 pack or something (mainly for looks over the power).
There is a fuel cell in the trunk, I am going to maybe change it out for one of those round tanks that people mount on the outside (but mine will be in the trunk area out of sight), but I have to research this more.
And as said, change out the steering and now maybe some thinner wheel for front.