Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - ***327
Thread: ***327
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 01:02 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327 View Post
After the lifter is adjusted you still will be able to push it down.

For whatever reason, that lifter is not filling or is not retaining the oil that it uis supposed to fill with when the engine is running.

If the lifter is plugged and is unable to fill with oil when the engine is running, the lifter will be noisy, performance will be off and the valvetrain (cam, lifter, p-rod, rocker arm) could be damaged.

Sometimes the lifter can be removed, taken apart and cleaned, then returned to the engine. You can't usually get away with replacing a lifter w/a new lifter on a cam that has already been used because the lifter and cam wear in together.

More on repairing a lifter is here.
PERFECT PERFECT! Thanks. I adjusted it at the top. And like you said, after its adjusted, I can still push it down(and it springs right back). I started the engine and it runs now WITHOUT THAT DEADLY CLICK. I thank you again.
It does seem that I have a lifter that is not staying full of oil. I guess its removing the intake and whatnot, do you agree?
I will worry about timing after I get things back together with new lifter(or rebuilding lifter), or all new lifters. Im just happy to see what may have been my problem all along.