Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 327
Thread: 327
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Yada Yada Yada

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

tell me what matters more. A dyno number you can brag about and/or get a warm fuzzy feeling about,.... or a fast truck?

This blown 327 has the potential to make in excess of 480hp (engine dyno)
way over 500hp+++++++++ on race gas and high boost.

and push your truck to mid 11 second ET's with traction.
Thats a fast pick up truck.

Remember a dyno is just a testing device to see power gains and losses from the changes you make.
if you are after a big number, for the sake of a number ,, from a chassis dyno you are going to be humbled.

The dyno number created will improve every time you improve the combo.
If I/or anyone else could tell you exactly what x+Y='s we would not need test dynos at all.
You could just pay me the dyno test $$$'s and I'd ask my magic squirrel and he'd tell us all. And I'd give my magic squirrel a peanut. and we would not need any more dynos or real dyno testing.

What power number would you like me to tell you? How much money do you got?

How much work are you wiling to do to actually find make the improvements to the engine so it
can make more power?

The dyno will tell you when you have made a gain or made a loss. That is its purpose.
Controling the test conditions and eliminating common power robbing faults ( fuel/spark/ mechanical etc)
matter.

You have made a good start but you have a bit of a testing and learning curve and you will not solve all the issues in 1 day.

This is R O C K Y My Magic Squirrel. Way more flattering than any Dyno....

Last edited by F-BIRD'88; 02-06-2013 at 03:14 PM.