Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 327 275hp rebuild
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 12:12 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollie715
With all those positive adjectives describing the 350, I'm wondering that myself.

I guess mostly for fun. The 67 Camaro is a nostalgic family project and the idea of putting in an era correct engine seems like the right thing to do. Also I already have most of the components and am thinking the experience of putting together a piece of history would be rewarding. Your comments are indeed thought provoking. Part of me wants to continue on the path I started, and see just what kind of performance and economy I can get out of it. That said, I'm still hoping for some detailed tweaking ideas on what I've already listed.
I don't see using 40 year old technology as being more fun when to most people the current technology looks almost identical... You're not comparing an old flathead Ford vs a coyote engine you're comparing one sbc against another sbc.

A used LT1 engine will cost less than just having your heads rebuilt and in stock form will give you more power, MUCH better mileage, and better durability. Yes it'll be fuel injected, but stepping up 30 years in technology isn't a bad thing...

The ONLY reason I would worry about numbers is if you have some REALLY REALLY rare car and want to keep it original.