Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 327 275hp rebuild
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 12:36 PM
elkyholic

Last journal entry: Center Link Installed
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Nothing wrong with putting an LT1 in any car, that's what hotrodders do.

But, with respect I think your choice to be "era correct" is a good choice in the case of '67 Camaro. As long as it looks correct, it will have more value than if you put the newer LT1 in it.

Upgrading the 327 to a 350 can be a good idea, especially if your block has the large journal crank. That change is affordable and from the outside only you will know it has been changed.

While the 462 heads are dated, they are remembered fondly by those of us who were around before the vortec engines. Keeping them for your camaro will work just fine, and they will look correct.

As for pistons, I would work towards 10 to 1, use a little longer duration cam (like the XE265 P-Body recommended) and you can still run pump gas with just a bit of lope in your idle. That cam should work fine in the lighter car, more so with a manual trans and a bit taller (numerically higher) gear.

Post the casting codes, date codes, and stamping code (if it's still there) for your block and crank. I'll look them up in my books when I get home tonight (just for fun).

Post some pics of your Camaro.