View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by automotive breath
That's some stout numbers for a 40+ year old street SBC.
45 years old and with a fairly "mild" flat tappet cam, just think what a modern roller cam would do for it. That's why I think he should shelve the 327 and build a 350 with a factory roller cam block.

I have actual flow numbers for both sets of AFR heads saved in DD, I just wish there was more flexibilty on manifold and header inputs. BTW these numbers are with the "small tube headers with mufflers" file not open headers. EDIT: That's with a 650 and a dual plane manifold also, not the 750 and single plane.

Back "in the day" there was a guy here with a stock bodied '68 Chevelle SS with full factory interior running a single 4 bbl. 331 with a 4 speed and 5.13 gears that ran honest high 11's/low 12's on the strip. No big deal by today's standards but back then it was really something. This was the late 70's and nobody around here had heard of nitrous, it was all motor and except for open headers and slicks the car was street legal. He'd throw mufflers and street tires on it once in awhile and bring it into town. I don't know too many particulars on the engine but the cam was BIG and that thing would REV! Except for the Pro Stock like idle it would have passed for any other '68 Chevelle around, it even had a vinyl roof. Sunoco 260 was about $0.60 a Gal. and available everywhere, those were the days.....

Last edited by Hippie; 01-05-2010 at 07:20 AM.