Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 327 chevy really all the hype?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 05:45 AM
Blown 502

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Back in 64 I think it was Chevy had a very nice 327 w/ 375 HP that was quite a screamer for those days. Steel Crank, 202 Heads, max HP over 6000 RPM's, it was quite impressive right off the showroom floor. It's still a sought after motor for some of us old timers (makes us feel like a kid again I guess )

Actually a few decades ago I had a fully built 327 SPHE (Special Hi Perf Engine) in a 69 Chevelle. .060 over, hi dome pistons, 202 fuelie heads, solid roller, TM 1 manifold, dominator carb, M21 trans, super shifter, 488 posi, and all the other goodies; ignition, headers, (3) fuel pumps in the trunk, etc... I do have to say after 50-60 other hi performance vehicles that one will always be one of the most insane vehicles I ever owned. The sob would catch air on the street anytime you wanted, it revved to well over 8K on a daily basis, and after 11-12 Big Block Chevelles since then, that 327 would run circles around each and every one of them.

Hell it would probably give my Sierra a good run

NOT