Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 327 chevy really all the hype?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:00 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Its funny we older guys remember class racing weight to cu inch !
When , with every run you wanted to turn a faster time! In the early 70s they brought in bracket racing so the guy who didn't have much of a car or the ability to build it or the funds for a shop to build it could compete in brackets bringing more money to the declining drag strips! So now you have cars that could all weigh the same competing in the same bracket from a Volkswagen bus to a 427 Vette! As long as you sandbagged and drove by your rear view mirror and didn't go too fast you won! And comparing a G.M. 327s 1/4 mile times to other engines like a stroked G.M. 383 Just doesn't compute when using bracket times, when each is built and held to that bracket, And some even installing throttle stops!!! Soon the bracket racers took over the tracks and class racers converted to brackets ( It was an easy win LOL) I was a class racer who moved to brackets!!! All I had to do was slow down and I won LOL!

It was really weird if you slow down you WIN !!!

I'm a little off the threads subject "SORRY"! But its just an old mans thoughts at the time of the transition!

Ive seen a big block "Slug" in the same bracket as the little N.Asp. 6 cylinders Win because he went slow enough!!!!!!! That always seemed dumb to me LOL

You can build a car, It cant run for Sh%$ and they will find a bracket for you LOL

Jester