327 Troubles - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2006, 12:42 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

327 Troubles

My Camaro has been acting up,it's been shutting off lately when I give it gas or just during idle. This isnt the first time this problem has happened,it happened before and we messed with the Mixture screws on the carb and it ran fine for awhile...now it's doin it again. It'll accelerate on it's own and then stumble and turn off. Is this a carb problem or does it just need some fine tuning? I also need a new set of headers....which ones do you guys suggest? The carburetor is a 1405 Edelbrock....I been thinking of purchasing another holley carb...if I do go that route which one do you guys suggest I get? Sorry for all the rookie questions....I just want my Camaro back on the road. Also what performance upgrades can I get too make her run a little better? It already has HEI,Edelbrock performer intake and headers. Also,ive been using these cheap Alternator brackets and this is the second time it's broke on me...it's the kind that bolt up too the header bolts...cheap 10 dollar part....do they sell a better system so I dont have too go through this crap of changing out brackets again? lol Damn that's alot of question in one....hopefully someone can help me out....thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2006, 12:53 PM

Last photo:

Have you looked into a Weiand 177 supercharger? Dollar for dollar, no better performance upgrade than a supercharger.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Blood, Sweat, and Gears!

Last photo:

kinda sounds like you might have a vacuum leak somewhere, have you checked your vacuum lines to see if one of them might have cracked or come off?
Old 12-07-2006, 09:27 AM

Last photo:

I havent done the Vacuum Check,ill do that when I get home today. Any advice on my other questions?
Old 12-07-2006, 09:34 AM

Alternator brackets: nothing stouter and more troublefree than a stock GM bracket. Yeah, they're not pretty but you can whittle away alot of that iron and make a very servicable piece that doesn't look bad at all and is hell for strong. If you must get it plated, do it, but the cost rises in relation to the shine.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:44 PM

Last photo:

Bump bump...
Old 12-13-2006, 10:06 PM

Last photo:

Check your choke as to your run problems, FLOWTEC headers less than 100 dollars for a small block chevy, you want to go faster spend more money only way, Wormy.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:01 AM
Blazer Paul

Did you change the power valve in the Holly carb, if they back fire the power valve blows and you get bad idle and stalling, this is why I swiched to edelbrock. Very common problem with Holly carbs.
Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro_510
My Camaro has been acting up,it's been shutting off lately when I give it gas or just during idle. This isnt the first time this problem has happened,it happened before and we messed with the Mixture screws on the carb and it ran fine for awhile...now it's doin it again. It'll accelerate on it's own and then stumble and turn off. Is this a carb problem or does it just need some fine tuning? I also need a new set of headers....which ones do you guys suggest? The carburetor is a 1405 Edelbrock....I been thinking of purchasing another holley carb...if I do go that route which one do you guys suggest I get? Sorry for all the rookie questions....I just want my Camaro back on the road. Also what performance upgrades can I get too make her run a little better? It already has HEI,Edelbrock performer intake and headers. Also,ive been using these cheap Alternator brackets and this is the second time it's broke on me...it's the kind that bolt up too the header bolts...cheap 10 dollar part....do they sell a better system so I dont have too go through this crap of changing out brackets again? lol Damn that's alot of question in one....hopefully someone can help me out....thanks in advance.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.