Hot Rod Forum banner

327 Troubles

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Paul Suburban Murray 
#1 ·
My Camaro has been acting up,it's been shutting off lately when I give it gas or just during idle. This isnt the first time this problem has happened,it happened before and we messed with the Mixture screws on the carb and it ran fine for awhile...now it's doin it again. It'll accelerate on it's own and then stumble and turn off. Is this a carb problem or does it just need some fine tuning? I also need a new set of headers....which ones do you guys suggest? The carburetor is a 1405 Edelbrock....I been thinking of purchasing another holley carb...if I do go that route which one do you guys suggest I get? Sorry for all the rookie questions....I just want my Camaro back on the road. Also what performance upgrades can I get too make her run a little better? It already has HEI,Edelbrock performer intake and headers. Also,ive been using these cheap Alternator brackets and this is the second time it's broke on me...it's the kind that bolt up too the header bolts...cheap 10 dollar part....do they sell a better system so I dont have too go through this crap of changing out brackets again? lol Damn that's alot of question in one....hopefully someone can help me out....thanks in advance.

#5 ·
Alternator brackets: nothing stouter and more troublefree than a stock GM bracket. Yeah, they're not pretty but you can whittle away alot of that iron and make a very servicable piece that doesn't look bad at all and is hell for strong. If you must get it plated, do it, but the cost rises in relation to the shine.

#8 ·
Did you change the power valve in the Holly carb, if they back fire the power valve blows and you get bad idle and stalling, this is why I swiched to edelbrock. Very common problem with Holly carbs.
Paul :welcome:
sscamaro_510 said:
My Camaro has been acting up,it's been shutting off lately when I give it gas or just during idle. This isnt the first time this problem has happened,it happened before and we messed with the Mixture screws on the carb and it ran fine for awhile...now it's doin it again. It'll accelerate on it's own and then stumble and turn off. Is this a carb problem or does it just need some fine tuning? I also need a new set of headers....which ones do you guys suggest? The carburetor is a 1405 Edelbrock....I been thinking of purchasing another holley carb...if I do go that route which one do you guys suggest I get? Sorry for all the rookie questions....I just want my Camaro back on the road. Also what performance upgrades can I get too make her run a little better? It already has HEI,Edelbrock performer intake and headers. Also,ive been using these cheap Alternator brackets and this is the second time it's broke on me...it's the kind that bolt up too the header bolts...cheap 10 dollar part....do they sell a better system so I dont have too go through this crap of changing out brackets again? lol Damn that's alot of question in one....hopefully someone can help me out....thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.