Hot Rod Forum banner

33 dodge pickup

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  killeratrod 
#1 ·
I've got a 33 dodge that I'am working on. Top has been chopped and so has the window frames front and rear. Door glass is not a problem we will just let it ride lower in the door. But the windsheild and back glass look like maybe they where set in some kind of rubber and then set into the frame work. The back frame just bolts to the inside of body but the windsheild frame tilts out at the bottom. Anyone ever work on one of these or own one?

#4 ·
First off IO don't believe the glass in the doors is square, the top of the glass is narrower than the bottom I believe so you won't be able to just not roll it up as far as it did. And if the top is chopped and the glass isn't in there you may not be able to get it in anyway. Make patterns out of tempered masonite.

On the windshield, I have never worked on one of those but have on a number of others and there was certainly no glue back then, it was all set in rubber. The glass was pressed into the channel usually and then you cut off the excess rubber that is hanging out. The windshield frame will just need to be cut shorter on the sides. They can often be just cut off, not "chopping" it like the roof post but just cut it off and then the bottom or the top piece will then just be reinstalled. I don't know if you can do this with yours but they are usually very easy. Disassemble yours and see for yourself. If you have a problem post photos and we can discuss it.

Brian

#6 ·
Brain. Some one has already cut the window frames and the front has been rechromed. I had the glass guy pickup the front and rear frame work to cut new glass and he called about how he was to install glass. I'am going to see if I can find the rubber to set them in and we can shorten it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.