34 ford 3 window coupe fiberglass body - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2004, 08:11 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

34 ford 3 window coupe fiberglass body

I bought a fiberglass 34 Ford 3 window coupe on an S-10 frame off e bay. This is my first attempt at a street rod. From the looks of it it was initially a full height coupe and had been chopped and channeled poorly. There are no hinges on the doors or trunk yet. Above both doors you can see where they tried to re-mold the roof. Below the drivers door they actually cut away the inner fiberglass from the floor where the door would close and the door sits a couple of inches away from it. . Apparently they tried to separate the inner door panel from the outer. Up until now I've been strictly a Corvette man, so I have lots of fiberglass fabrication experience. Any suggestions on what I should try to do first on this car would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2004, 02:12 AM
Old Salt

Last photo:

Jaxhome, first of all, welcome

Secondly, post some pics and let the experts see your new ride. This will allow some more in depth discussions in what needs asking and recommendations back to you.

I would verify the work already performed and make sure its up to your specs.

Any idea who fabricated the body? Hopefully they didn't go to far with their creative imagination. Sounds like you have some work ahead of you.

Is the body already attached to the chassis? What all came with the deal?

Dutch
Old 09-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Fenders Should be Illegal

Last photo:

Glass 34

It sounds like someone with more money that experience started this project. It's unfortunate that they did so much damage to what initially was an expensive glass reproduction body. Even the cheapest ones out there will cost some bucks. If you have glass experience then repairing what has been damaged shouldn't be a big problem for you. Keep in mind that body alignment is critical. Take lots of measurements and keep things square while the resin sets up. As for that S-10 frame...it certainly wouldn't be my choice. First of all it's not very attractive and unless you're planning on putting fenders on the car it would certainly be unsightly. When starting a rod project, or any car project, money is the key to how fancy it will be. That said, I'll add that the builder's talent plays a big part too. Look for a reproduction 34 frame. If you're handy with welders and want to save some money buy the rails only and build your own cross members. There are some good, but expensive aftermarket chassis available. Everything from simple rails to elaborate rolling chassis complete with suspension, brakes, etc. Like the old saying goes...Hot Rods cost money...How fast do you want to go?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

« Newbie | hello »