34 ford coupe, e brake pedal on cowl? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2013, 07:04 AM
Grand Master of the Universe

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

34 ford coupe, e brake pedal on cowl?

I'd like to keep the floor looking clean. Has anyone installed an e brake pedal on the cowl? Is there enough room/foot clearance? I know it's tight... how far does it have to sit from he side wall?

Thanks.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 07:20 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

ebrake

You have to see if your foot would fit in the space, then be able to mount it to clear your upholstery. I broke a few bones in my left foot and have to use my right foot to set the e brake hard on my F 350 truck. I have seen floor mount handle e-brakes mounted side ways just in front of the Pass seat. I have a forklift-tractor E brake that you can adjust by twisting the handle that I plan on mounting sideways.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:28 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

or the old mopar underdash hand pull early 70's
Old 05-30-2013, 08:22 AM

Last photo:

There really isn't much room to the left of the steering column to add in an e-brake pedal. There are some hand lever types that mount between the firewall and the dash. Lokar makes a nice one, but it's pricey.
I used a floor mounted e-brake, between the seats. Since the seats are so close together, the e-brake doesn't hardly show. The floor in front of the seats remains clear.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:39 AM
Grand Master of the Universe

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanbob View Post
There really isn't much room to the left of the steering column to add in an e-brake pedal. There are some hand lever types that mount between the firewall and the dash. Lokar makes a nice one, but it's pricey.
I used a floor mounted e-brake, between the seats. Since the seats are so close together, the e-brake doesn't hardly show. The floor in front of the seats remains clear.
Between the seats is prime real estate. (Mid 80's Fiero seats gives me about 5". In a 34's cockpit, that's a basketball court) I'll have to mock-up the column, etc and have a look. I'm thinking it's going to be too tight, but one of the hand levers might do OK - if it doesn't have to hang too low.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:39 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
Between the seats is prime real estate. (Mid 80's Fiero seats gives me about 5". In a 34's cockpit, that's a basketball court) I'll have to mock-up the column, etc and have a look. I'm thinking it's going to be too tight, but one of the hand levers might do OK - if it doesn't have to hang too low.
go back to the fiero and get it's e brake handle it's on the left side of the drivers seat on floor
Old 05-30-2013, 03:29 PM

Last photo:

Your Fiero seats must be a narrower than my seats - I might have 5 inches between the seat mounts, but only an inch or two at the most between the cushions. And yeah, space is at a premium in a '33/'34.
I don't know if I trust them myself, but there are electrically operated e-brakes - you'd only need space in the passenger compartment for a switch - very expensive - north of $400! E-Stopp Electric Emergency Brake Kit - Speedway Motors, America's Oldest Speed Shop

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.