Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 348/chevy -may have plugged exhaust??????
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 02:53 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

tHis is the only picture i have just shows the motor,and the small gas feed tank hanging up there to the right. I pulled the dis;and went thru the spark plug wires. I moved the distributor to;[pointing at number 1/@tdcon the harmonic balancer, now i have started, squirting carb spray .gas. I advanced the timing just a touch, ccw, this makes the motor want to hit more. Now i have to let the starter kool down .so it stays alive long enough to hear this motor run. Also i am getting a Back fire thru the right side exhaust pipe. Nothing much has come out of it.It has started to .........TRY TO START............... ,everytime now. It gets A little closer each time i advance the distributor. btw the po had it in wrong , the wires now are lined up with the plugs as they should be. thats about it. I am increasing the timing more. Ihave poured alot of gas.with the squirters in the carb ,besides the starting fluid. i am afaid of diluting the oil to much its up about a half a qt.And its thin [not awful thin] there you have it bob thanks for coming back its truly appreciated the pics should be with this post
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0887.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	70266   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0888.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	926.7 KB
ID:	70267