Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 348/chevy -may have plugged exhaust??????
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:28 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
The back fire makes me think the wires are still off. Or something in the ignition is wore out or corroded.

Check the coil wires and the coil ground. Bad grounds will make the timing all over the place.

I would go over all the wires again amd make sure the firing order is correct for that car motor and year. Just to be sure its not an odd firing order.

Did you replace the cap rotor and wires or just clean them up.
The wires were pretty good but not great. cap was new 8 years ago,wires probably the same. I will check that firing order again far as grounds the gauges work on the dash, i checked continuity most everything. Tomorrows another day. I have got to be really close at this pointP.O had the wires start out to far around clockwise on the dis; cap i moved all the wires back around to where they should be. when number one cylinder is up.back fire on the right bank means one of those wires on that side is wrong...aaayy ?

yes i'll go thru the diagram in the book again.Sure is easy to throw money at this kar.must be getting cheaper in my old age thanks bob s

i realize those aren't the best pics. i can get more if needed .

ps "coil ground"............. would be tthe coil holder to the intake manifold right???????thats loose at this time.