Hot Rod Forum banner

35 Ford Belt & Pulley Question

667 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ratfink35 
#1 ·
I have a '35 Ford with a 350 and need some guidance on a belt & pulley system. I plan on having electric fans to meet radiator clearance, Vintage Air and power steering.

I looked at the March system, but the high tech/polished billet doesn't match the style of the car. But since it is engineered to fit the car, it eliminates guesswork and headaches.

So any suggestions on a set up that is "low tech" with a low hassle install?

#2 ·
ratfink35 said:
I have a '35 Ford
So any suggestions on a set up that is "low tech" with a low hassle install?

On my 40 Ford with a SBC ... I had lots of room for a belt driven mechanical fan. I even had to space the fan out a little ... ( by the way ... I hate electric fans ... :smash: )

You could always bead blast the March stuff or powder coat it semi black ... :embarrass

#3 ·
Not sure if I have that much room. The concern is width and not going beyond the exhaust manifold. Also, locating the power steering pump so it is assessible or using a remote resevoir. Paying for "pretty parts" and then paying more to powder cost them seems wasteful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.