Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 35 ford pickup
Thread: 35 ford pickup
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2002, 05:06 AM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Bobs, I have a 36 Ford pu that has been a street rod since 81. I put it on the road then with a 39 front end and a 3.6 Buick V6/350 turbo, and 57 Chevy rear with custom leaf springs and own fabricated mounting hard ware. Did not split the front wish bone cause the little motor could mount farther forward and tranny clearance was not a problem. After 115,000 miles of under power and sick of a sick cylinder, I put in a Mustang 2 front end kit and a 350 Chevy small block. The small block is about 2 inches longer and I did not want to cut the firewall. Now, 92,000 later, I have upgraded the front end and installed a Triangulated four bar rear suspension. I finally replaced the firewall with a Bitcin firewall, fully modified the X member, and moved the new 383 Stroker/700R4 back two inches to allow more clearance between fan and radiator. The truck drove fine with the 39 front end, but nothing like the Mustang II. Bottom line, I would forget the 40 front end and go for what will give you many years of cruising pleasure. I can send you some photos of where my suspension is today if you are interested. Unfortunately, I have very little of the early days.

Trees