Hot Rod Forum banner

35 tudor windshield drains.

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  drchip 
#1 ·
I searched similar threads but dont find the answers I'm looking for. I see the 2 drain holes in the corners of my windshield opening but I dont find the two 1 1/2" tubes that connect to them. I assume they rusted off. I cant find any drain hole leaving the cowl either - may have been obliterated in the sheet metal repairs. My question is could I just seal off those holes off without any major problems? It seems to me that, even with the drain tubes, leakage could occur where the crank out mechanism comes from the body. Good news is the vent drain seems intact. Thanks

#5 ·
poncho62 said:
I would seal them up.....Its not like your car is going to sit out in the weather like it was designed to do.....or is it?
That is a good point. When I was building my car I spent a lot of effort to design a drain system for the deck lid. It all seems ridiculous now, since the car never sits outside and I never drive it when it even looks like rain.

Vince

#6 ·
The original drain tube was a flared 1/4" steel tube (gas line stock) and it was soldered in place. The 1/4 inch drain lines were connected to a metal T and connected to another T that had the drain tube from the cowl vent seal track and then went thru the firewall and dumped down onto the bell housing. I have seen the wind shield drains routed behind the kick panels and out the side of the toe board side support below the toe board. I would install them because you do wash your car on occasion and you don't want the water standing trapped by the windshield rubber. That is why you no longer have drain tubes because over the years, they plugged and could not drain any longer.

Trees

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.