Hot Rod Forum banner

350 build

5K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  MalibuMike 
#1 ·
I have a 1981 Malibu SS(G body) & I'm putting in a sbc 350 casting #3970010 and I wana run dual quad carbs on it. Now I've read that dual carbs are mostly for show,you get more horsepower out of single carbs,etc... But I've also read that if tuned properly to work as one instead of separately they can produce just as much power as a single carb if not more. Now my question is what all is suggested I do to the motor so that it'll be able to handle dual quad carbs?

#3 ·
F-BIRD'88 said:
?????????????????????????????? Where do you get this stuff???
Are you refering to a progressive throttle linkage?

Once you rug it, both carbs (8) throttles are fully open.

Progressive linkage is used on dual quads but not on tunnel rams.
this is the first time i've heard this.. running both carbs at the same on a tunnel???????? so for me why do this.. ain't it OVER carbed do'n it this way and not progressive... and using 750's too... why not holley 390's ????

#5 ·
Oversized show tires,26" rims slightly staggered in the rear. This why I'm trying to find the ways to get every bit of extra horsepower without going to far into the big money figures because with these rims & tires it slightly makes the car a bit heavier so I'll need alil extra kick to get up & go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.