Hot Rod Forum banner

350 convertion

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Tom 
#1 ·
can sombody tell what chances i would have to do if i placed a later than 86 chevy 350 into my A coupe that has an earlier 350 with holly 600 edelbroke inlet and headers , im told that the later than 85 has a different inlet and one piece rear main ,what differance does a one piece rear mains mean, and can i not place my edelbroke inlet and holy on it,the auto box would come with it are these the same as the Th350 from earlier models .i dont want to change wiring and have to put the computor stuff in there.

[ July 03, 2002: Message edited by: Phil 1 ]</p>

#2 ·
to put the edelbrock intake on you need to modify the 2 center holes to bolt straight up and down instead of at an angle,a drill should do it as for the one piece rear crank take the flexplate from the older engine and the starter, you will have no problem hooking up,the headders will be the same also...other parts from the older engine will be the distributor and engine accesory brackets,you will find the oil dipstick on the opposite side on the newer engine.The tranny will be lock up converter type probably a 700R4 type and you will need some fancy wireing to make it work and the driveshaft will need shortening,th350s weren't used after 84/5 but were lockups after 82 your older th350 will work with the newer engine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.