350 fuel consumption - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 12:16 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

350 fuel consumption

well my 69 chevy truck is running, sound good. It has a 350 trans and when I brought the truck the engine was just sitting in there but nothing was hooked up. So I pulled to make shure it was OK. I checked the bottom end mains and rod bearings.the standard crank had,[in paint pen ] 10 over on rods and mains. Ever thing was good so i closed it up. I didn't pull the heads but I checked the bolts. The heads have 1.7 roller tip stamped rockers? Ok after that the carb that came with is a 7150, I think, and that woulb be 650 CFM. Now my question is this, it's a truck,I would rather have a gas sipper not a gas hog. What can I do to it to help this and keep most of what I have? I dont want to put $ into it, I have a better truck to fix. any advice will be apriceated.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 07:17 PM

Hey, I have a '82 s-10 with a 350 in it and I have an edelbrock performer intake and a edelbrock 600 cfm carb on her. She's really not bad on gas. A lot better the the Holley 650 double pumper I had on it. If you could get your hand on a Quadrajet, I think that would be the way to go. you can usually pick them up fairly cheap and you'll certainly notice a difference. Try this site. It will actually tell you the proper size carburetor you should be running for your engine. Carburetor Size Calculator
Old 07-06-2012, 09:07 AM

Last photo:

thanks for the reply, and I was wondering if I offed the 1.7 rockers and went to stock 1.5 would this help? Is there any way to disengage the secondaries,it seems like I have enough power on primaries,can you block off vacume to them? Thank's againe for coment

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.