350 head options - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2010, 02:22 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Easy now...I have dyslexia. I can say that the part of your brain that is used to type is the same as the one to speak and NOT the one that is used for handwriting...ergo people may have difficulty with spelling for other reasons than laziness. People may also have Learning Disabilitys in written expression...which could be circumvented by using a speech-to-type program like Dragon Dictate. Anyway, I was also born with cerebral palsy...and wasn't given a snowballs chance in the auto industry. Thats right I work on stickshifts all day every day and I can barely walk. Cut the guy some slack...and give him a chance to improve. He probably has good stuff to share Now I'll put my soapbox back

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2010, 02:51 PM
1.21 giga-watts???!!!!

Auto, the fact that he went storming off in a huff after being told he could use spell check reinforces my opinion of him. If he has dyslexia, he would have told us like you have told us. He didn't, he bailed, his loss. Buh-bye.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:57 PM

Last photo:

point taken
I usually try to give the new guy a chance...but you're right
Old 08-06-2010, 03:13 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rockin daddy
And once again a product of our modern education system and parents that just didn't give a damn whether their kid got good grades in school has left the building because nobody could understand his pathetic attempts at communicating with his fellow human beings. Gosh! I feel so bad about it.

Not only that I feel that not being able to push that little button for spell check shows a lack of work ethic. Then again maybe I over value work ethic. If you can't take the time to proof read a sentence how can you properly torque a set of mains?
Old 08-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 326

Thanked 1,013 Times in 849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolover
Not only that I feel that not being able to push that little button for spell check shows a lack of work ethic. Then again maybe I over value work ethic. If you can't take the time to proof read a sentence how can you properly torque a set of mains?
Well, ain't that the pot callin' the kettle black!

Here is your corrected post.

Not only that, I feel that not being able to push that little button for Spell Check shows a lack of work ethic. Then again, maybe I overvalue work ethic. If you can't take the time to proof read a sentence, how can you properly torque a set of mains?
Old 08-06-2010, 03:45 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by techinspector1
Well, ain't that the pot callin' the kettle black!

Here is your corrected post.

Not only that, I feel that not being able to push that little button for Spell Check shows a lack of work ethic. Then again, maybe I overvalue work ethic. If you can't take the time to proof read a sentence, how can you properly torque a set of mains?
I know I have a gray tinge to me... Mrs. Nieder (my grammar teacher) would be very displeased if she read what I write now. I promise I do try though. Unfortunately, spell check doesn't catch punctuation.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:16 PM
1.21 giga-watts???!!!!

Pretty funny, Tech and Turbo, pretty funny.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 326

Thanked 1,013 Times in 849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rockin daddy
Pretty funny, Tech and Turbo, pretty funny.
To quote the punch line from an old joke, "people who live in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones".
Old 08-06-2010, 08:00 PM
WHO WHAT ME WAIT I DON'T KNOW.

Last journal entry: Door skins removed
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGear
Easy now...I have dyslexia. I can say that the part of your brain that is used to type is the same as the one to speak and NOT the one that is used for handwriting...ergo people may have difficulty with spelling for other reasons than laziness. People may also have Learning Disabilitys in written expression...which could be circumvented by using a speech-to-type program like Dragon Dictate. Anyway, I was also born with cerebral palsy...and wasn't given a snowballs chance in the auto industry. Thats right I work on stickshifts all day every day and I can barely walk. Cut the guy some slack...and give him a chance to improve. He probably has good stuff to share Now I'll put my soapbox back
Yes i all so have dyslexia and add. my youngest all so has both but fortunately for him the schools are much better at treating this problem. sorry but when someone brings up the hole spelling thing it just hits a nerve with me and gets my B/P up and boiling.. can't all be perfect can we??
Old 08-06-2010, 08:54 PM
done learning, done living

Last photo:

by the time you buy a set of head gaskets that are at least .042 thick you will have around 100 bucks into them. So just get the heads that you want and put the engine together the way you want it the first time. Engines can get very expensive if you don't just do it right the first time. I think everyone here would agree with that.

Nobody is trying to be an *** to you we just appreciate being able to read a post and understand it. I have read a few posts where a period or a comma is to much to ask for and a post that is 100 sentences long all in one sentence is very confusing.

This is hotrodders baby you can't find a better forum!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 09:01 PM
done learning, done living

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27 t
Yes i all so have dyslexia and add. my youngest all so has both but fortunately for him the schools are much better at treating this problem. sorry but when someone brings up the hole spelling thing it just hits a nerve with me and gets my B/P up and boiling.. can't all be perfect can we??
Its not his spelling that he is getting hit for. It is the fact that there is a spell check on the forum that is just one click away.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:32 PM

I agree I just joined today and managed to find the spell check. It sounds like no one would help, so he had to pout about it. I'm not great at grammar either but I do know a spell check when I see one.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:08 PM

Last photo:

if was me, i'd use the vortec heads, do a lil port matching to the gasket on intake side, an do a lil valve bowl pocket massaging, an some unshoulder the around the combustion camber on the intake valve side help with the flow too. an also depends on the pistons you use flat tops or are they resisted but 64 cc are better than the old 882 or 993, with 76 cc an i also never liked how GM left the rocker stud opening on the intake runners i always felt screwed with flow i'd always fill with J B weld an smooth it off.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.