I bought an aluminum pan so that I know it is straight and that I get a good mating surface. I roughed up the surfaces on both the trans and the pan and did not use any sealant. I torqued the bolt to 12 ft/lbs. I still have a leak. So I checked the dip stick tube and there does not appear to ba a leak out of it. It is pretty well encrusted with grease and dirt. I wiped some of the dirt and stuff off where it would show a leak.
I can the car and heated things up. I went back under and tighted the bolts to 15 ft/lbs. I figured the lock washer might have an effect on the torque readings. I checked the dip stick tube for leaks. I ran the car while under it and cleaned off all the old leak residue. I check the dip stick again. I ran it for awhile and did not see anything. I parted it with a piece of white cardboard under the pan. I checked it periodically during the evening and it looked like I had the problem solved. I checked it again this morning and found some trans fuild on the edge of the paper. I don't htink it is a porous body issue because the body seems to be dry and is pretty well packed with dirt. I don't think it is the modulator either.
I will get under it again this evening. I used a rubber gasket that came with the pan. As much as I don't want to change it again. That would teh 4th time. Should I use a different gasket material such as cork or fiber. It had a cork one on it when I bought it. I changed it because I thought that was the cause of teh leak.