Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 350 out, 454 in?????????
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2002, 03:56 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post 350 out, 454 in?????????

im have a 1980 camaro that is in a restoration process.i am wondering what i would all have to do to the car to stuff a 454 in it. the car is automatic, i agree that hurts bad, but i was plannying on a 700r4 or 400 turbo tranny, what one? also will i have to do anything with my rear end, gear ratio wise? and should i have the clearence for headers. this motor is going to be bored 30 over 10 under on the rods and mains, a crane cam 272 duration, roller rockers and lifter. and stock heads , with a performer intake and holley double pumper carb, what is my hp range here. thanks guys... and i love this site everyone is frinedly and knows how to get along here. and i support the import theory, they are not american muscle, but can be fun cars for young kids to feel the need for speed, and think they are something, then when they grow old and wise, they will learn were real power comes from.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------