Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 350 sbc with 305 h.o heads will this work whats the ups and downs
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-BIRD'88 View Post
Here is another pic of a nicely done full HOME ported 4416 head.
again see the strong flow paths around eh valve guide boss.
These heads will make strong power on a street motor
with a strong torqy power band well past 6000rpm.
With other good supporting parts. Like a 750-800cfm carb performer rpm or vic JR
healthy hyd or street strip solid lifter cam long tube 1-5/8" headers and 2.5" ex.
We'll I did exactly that, I hit deep in the ports using a 6" bit and cut cut cut lol.....the exhaust ports I was easy on the exit port as I was concerned about the headers, but I opened up the bowls a ton, my guide boss's look very similar to those pictured so that makes me feel pretty good, I matched all ports to my heads. As much as I would love to have an rpm or an airgap until I find a used one it can't happen. I am running a 1" spacer so hopefully that will help, instead of the 600 ede I'm sticking with the bigger quad for now. If the heads work well I might step up next year and actually spend some money on some "real" parts like a decent intake, long tubes and lots more cam......or bandaid it and buy a used nitrous kit and see how much stock cast slugs will handle. Thereby keeping up my personal entertainment seeing how much for how little I can do......