Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 350 sbc with 305 h.o heads will this work whats the ups and downs
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg1969 View Post
No bygddy , it just the 202 would cost me too much to have them work on and few more $$$. AFR was better deal for me. I'm not saying to get AFR. By the time you get the 305 heads and have it worked on, in which will cost a person lot of $$$. You are better off getting aftermarket heads for a little extra $$$.
And believe me, if cost were no object I agree, everything I hear is all positive for AFR heads. But honestly, this little experiment of mine is the most fun with cars I have ever had, I have just over 300$ in theses heads, and that included 194 intake valves, three angle valve job, and both of those were free! Wanna know why? Cause my machine shop guy, who has been building motors a long time, loves theses heads, loves making them work, and thinks its cool to not spend 2200$ on a set of AFR heads for a stock bottom end completely street able 350. All this being said I may have completely messed these heads up and it may run like garbage, and if that's the case, the guy down the street has a set on kijiji for $60 but he lives down the street and us country boys help each other out so i could likely get them for 40$.....and we will try again.....hell, its only time on the computer I missing out on lol....