Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 350 SBC Build Help
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 06:58 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

i would go to racers outlet at ebay motors.i got my crank from jegs for 195.00.eagle cast steel good to 500 h.p.and they have know shipping charges.atracers outlet i got new eagle rods good to 500 h.p. for 179.00.i got the speed-pro hyper. pistons of your choice for your build 179.00.if you get it all at one time kevin will treat you right on the shipping charges.i think i paid 700.00 for my 406 rotating assembly.get the new much better heads just out from gm for not much more than you are going to give your buddy and you can't beat the power from these heads for the price.and i'm not a vortec person.you will do much better to buy all this stuff new for not much more than you were going to spend and not have to deal with some of the machine work.you should not have to grind the rods for cam clearance cause they grind the throws on these new cranks for piston and cam clearance before you get them so you don't have to but check the clearance anyway.trust me you will make out much better this way.compare racers outlet prices to jegs and you'll be amazed.i was.i live up the freeway 1 mile from jegs main store and like them alot,but you can't beat the prices at racers outlet.also i have 3/4 ton van and got an 11" pro street converter from coan engineering with 2800-3200 stall and it works great.you may want to check them out.

Last edited by GoneNova/406; 06-08-2005 at 07:06 PM.