Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 350 SBC build for Jeep. Need Help !!! Intake, carb, cam, efi and mileage.
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Veteran/Firefighter-EMT-I CRT

Wiki Edits: 0

you would really like the added power from the vortecs but i can understand the budget constraints. if you have a local machine shop then i would recomend having them do some bowl work on the heads this will help with the flow. i'm a holley man as well so we're good there and a 600 will do just fine since you really dont plan on turning over 4500 or so. oddly i like the Q-jets as well they are good for fuel economy but in my experiance once they go bad and you rebuild them they wont ever be the same again. i used to have one in my old camaro years ago and i ended up rebuilding it cause the accelorator pump went up and i did a pretty good job rebuilding it but it didn't last long and i had to rebuild it again within another 18 months. well it went bad again shortly after and that is about the time i ended up rebuilding the whole motor (.030 355) and used a holley 650 vac sec carb. i never had another problem with the carb agian.