Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 350 SBC build for Jeep. Need Help !!! Intake, carb, cam, efi and mileage.
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 01:53 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Right now I'm kinda not going to the Vortec's because this is supposed to be budget build. I've heard that IF an after-marked intake manifold is used then you need to modify the bolt holes a little, is this true ?

So the Edelbrock Performer Plus camshaft would suit my needs very well ?
Or maybe the Crane 266 Energizer cam, 210/210 @50. .440 Lift. What's mainly the difference between single and dual pattern camshaft. also what would be acceptable vacuum with a mild camshaft such as these ?

Last Jeep I worked on had 350 SBC. with 272/284 Crane Powermax Camshaft 216/228 @50" And I wasn't satisfied with the low end power in that engine, that was also with 38" tires, 4.10 gears and 3 spd auto trans. That was a mildly built motor with ported #993 Heads, 1.94"/1.5" valves and Edelbrock Torker Intake Manifold. It also had Holley 600 cfm 4160 vacuum carb. The exhaust was "rusty" long tube headers lol with dual 2.1/4" exhaust if I remember correctly. It had acceptable power 2500 and up. I'm thinking it was soggy down low because it didn't had acceptable compression for that powermax cam, It did OK mileage wise if i remember, never checked tho.
Anyhow this is not a thing I want to lend in now, thus it begin soggy down low !!!

Greetings from Iceland.