Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 350 SBC build for Jeep. Need Help !!! Intake, carb, cam, efi and mileage.
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 04:29 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

These are some grate ideas...
I will let you know how this all look's like when the engine comes into the garage and I will open it up. Then again we'll know way better what it is that I have in my hand's.
Will update this thread when I begin to tear the engine up.
As curious as I am, I ran a search on summit for a camshaft you recommended and this was the closest I came up with - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ISK-201264/
You say to have it installed 6 advanced, aren't these "off the shelf" cams advanced from the factory ? also if I need to advance it from the box isn't that a sign I should just get a smaller cam ? (I find the rpm range on this particular cam rather high for given duration 2000-5800, is that in line with stock converter) If I go with the TBI wouldn't I need to have the computer reprogrammed?
Doesn't it apply that the hotter the cam get's in duration the less mpg i would be getting ?
Also what muffler's do you recommend ? I don't wan't it to be crazy loud, just have a very mild tone, barely noticeable... Since It's going to be used for long straight drive at the road / 50 mp/h, had my thought on running dual 2.1/2" exhaust, is that too big ?

Again, thank's for these grate ideas
Appreciate them a lot
Greetings from Iceland..