Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 350 SBC build for Jeep. Need Help !!! Intake, carb, cam, efi and mileage.
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 12:37 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72
Lift around .450" or a little less will be fine on stock heads, you'll still need to replace the springs though. I wouldn't use a Edelbrock cam on a dare, there's nothing great about them except their marketing. HEADERS DO NOT MAKE IT LOUD, they won't change the noise level any appreciable amount. If you have a free flowing exhaust a 108-110 LSA would be ideal, if its choked up a 110-112 usually works better. A stock intake will work, but a USED performer or performer RPM from Edelbrock would be best, they can be had for about $50-$70 here in the states, not sure what it is over there.

If you're buying a carb I would consider a offroad type carb, something in the 500-600cfm range, 4bbl with manual choke and vacuum secondaries. the manual choke is because of high water, if you don't have to worry about running through really high water an electric choke is easier to use.
Thank's again for your input
I myself am a Holley kind of guy, and know how to modify them for the usage of the truck. so they can tolerate angle's and so on. But then again i'm also open for any carburetor if that goes so.
Anyhow the last Jeep I worked on had long tube fender well header's and If i chose to run these thing's then i have to run side pipe exhaust, at least make the turn down before the rear wheel, and maybe on the last Jeep I had so crappy muffler's because that Jeep was loud as hell. and for this time I really would like to have it quiet and get the exhaust all the way back.
I will try to find one of these intake's
But what's your opinion about these GM Q-Jet Aluminum Intake's ? Think they're from C3 Corvettes or so.

Does anyone know the stock camshaft spec's from a truck engine like I have ?

Thanks.