Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 350 small block wont start after warming up
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 03:05 AM
B.A.M.F

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

350 small block wont start after warming up

[IMG]ok here goes lol
i have a 1981 pontiac trans am that origionally came with the 301 turbo i swapped in a small block 350 i built myself, the engine block was from an 84 corvette, stock crank, rods, pistons. i put on a set of edelbrock performer heads with 10.5-1 compression, a comp cam 280H cam with .480 .480 int ext lift. hydraulic lifters. .100 long push rods, comp cams 3.5 roller rockers, edlebrock performer intake, with dual four barrel 650cfm performer carbs. i have a full up mallory ignition system to include a hyfire6A ignition box, an Ecoil, and a mallory magnetic breakerless distributor, 8.5 mm mallory spark plug wire into accell short header spark plugs , and a set of hooker full length race headers 3.5 out let.

ok lol now onto the issues at hand when i start the car cold it fires right up if i let it sit and run or go drive it around after i shut it down it will not fire back up until the water temp is almost completly cold, if i loosen the distributor and quickly advance the timing while the engine is being cranked over it will fire up, which brings me to issue #2 timing, i know for a fact that my timing gears are properly lined up and my valve train was adjusted properly but i cannon seem to get this engine to run right for the life of me it sounds like it has very subtle misses through the exhaust when at idle and when in gear it has no bottom end really at all, but once moving takes off like a bat out of hell but starts popping and not running smooth under load,

so hopefully someone out there can help me iv been working on this car for a very long time and im bout ready to call it quits thanks
*rob*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	021555.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	43771