Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 350 small block wont start after warming up
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 02:51 PM
B.A.M.F

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by S10 Racer
You have dual 650 cfm carbs on this 350?

loll yes dual 650's properly tuned and jetted doesn't run rich, the heads are SB-Chevy 302-400Ci Performer RPM Aluminum Cylinder Head
185cc Intake Ports
70cc Combustion Chambers
2.020''/1.600'' Valves
1.460'' Valve Springs, .575'' Max Lift
3/8'' Rocker Studs
Straight Plug

^^as per the description from jegs

also i think i just made my words a little confusing on the timing portion up there, my cam to crank gears are properly aligned, my valve adjustments are right, when i drop the distributor in i make sure the #1 cylinder is tdc compression stroke and that the rotor points to the #1 cylinder, the engine fires right up...while warmed up i set the idle speed to 800 rpms and advance the distributor until all detonation ceases then tighten distributor, when snapping the throttle i get instant response with no back fires from intake or exhaust, car sits in gear fine at a stop with no signs of dying, the car takes off from a stand still but not enough to break the tires loose, once moving it seems to be all top end power but for some reason it sounds like its backfiring constantly under load through the exhaust but still maintains the throttle response, could that be the result of running headers with cherry bombs and nothing else? then when i shut the car off i have to sit around and wait at least 2 hours for the engine to cool to the point where it will start again, and if im in a rush to get it running again i have to loosen the distributor and retard the timing while cranking then rapidly advance the timing to get it to fire up. i hope i was able to clarify a little bit better

Last edited by UPandComing; 02-07-2010 at 03:52 PM.