Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 350 TBI first time rebuilding engine...question
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 01:44 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Listen to Bogie; print that post out and keep it, ask questions untill you UNDERSTAND it. Don't be the guy who comes here with his Killer Engine Of Death; and when we give him sound advice about problems he WILL have; because he doesn't have the experience needed for the performance he thinks he wants, he gets all internet-mad and argues with us because WE are wrong. Usually that guy just wants us to pat him on the head and say 'nice job sport!' regardless of how much of a Mongolian Cluster-eff this will be. These are the people who got trophies in youth league for showing up with their jockstrap in the proper place, and have never learned to overcome having a setback or being told 'No.'

You made a mistake; and the guys on the techline didn't do you any favors. We've all made mistakes, its okay. You're better off taking a week to rethink this.

Comp is a joke when it comes to customer service. They tell you how to properly measure for pushrods and tell you how critical it is; but the drooling meth head on the phone, sells an uninformed guy pushrods, with a NON- OE rocker ratio. That ones not your fault. I see it too at my job. Guy calls up, orders an overhaul kit. Easy sale is to just punch the ticket and make money; but no, I take 20 minutes trying to figure out what he wants, what hes doing and if he can afford it. If he tears his muncie apart when he gets the overhaul kit, and he finds he needs 2 forks, all the reverse parts and his case has a bore that wont hold the countershaft without silicone; he's usually over his budget and now he's got an overhaul kit he can't use. I'll take it back, but hes gotta ship it and lose 10% for me to put it on the shelf, assuming he didn't lose all the little springs, etc. Its better to EDUCATE my customer, have him disassemble and inspect before ordering.

Start a new thread: Tell us where you want to go; what your starting block is, dont even bother with the parts you bought at this point. Give us a reasonable budget for the motor, and what you want to do with it. You'll get a much better picture with a clean sheet rather than trying to erase all this stuff
The Following User Says Thank You to AutoGear For This Useful Post:
Jaykobo (10-15-2012)