Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 350 Trans slipping please help :(
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 02:41 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

350 Trans slipping please help :(

Hi,

I had my tranny rebuilt and fitted it myself. on the first real journey out (about 50 miles round trip) we had apipe come off from the trans to the oil cooler resulting in loss of fluid. I got the pipe back on and limped the car to friends (about 2 to 3 miles) and replenished the fluid (with a circlip this time <blush>) and drove home a little low on fluid(?) I thought. since then we went to a show and things were fine. until the other day when visiting other friends, fine up until we cam to go, and then the car slips in drive with a judder if it is revved. Reverse id fine but 1st 2nd and 3rd all slip. I checked the fuid which now seemed high. so drained a quart out which took it about 1/2" below the hashing on the stick, but it still slips

the fluid I removed smells slightly and there were some small dusty particles in the bottom of the tray.

Have I ruined my trans? I am supposed to be the wedding car at a friends wedding in 2 weeks.

please help!

Thanks