Old 09-23-2011, 01:37 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969chevyss
I notice that Eagle on their website eaglerod.com has a crank 3.48 stroke 1 pc. that the journal is .010 undersized for 123.75, special blowout price. Will there be anything wrong with this crank, if it is .010 under then does that mean that this crank has some work done on it. Sorry for asking stupid questions, but I just would like to know will it be ok to purchase this crank and get the undersized bearings for it.
My guess is the 0.010" under Eagle crank was either damaged or was machined wrong and needed corrected, or something along those lines. The crank manufacturers always shoot for a standard journal diameter unless you order one up different for some reason.

Just looked at that crank- says "recommended up to 0 HP". LOL

Personally I wouldn't be buying an Eagle crank in the first place. I've never had a problem w/them- but then again they were checked over before being used. I've also had no real problems using OEM cranks, within their limits.

Chances are it'll be fine, you'll get one less rebuild out of it down the road. If that is a fair trade to you for the money saved (how much are you saving?) then go for it. But ultimately, whether you buy this undersized crank is up to YOU.