351 questions - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Troll Hunter

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Arrow

I have a bellhousing and flywheel for a 302 MII that is designed to clear the small tunnel and fits C4s. I'd let it go pretty cheaply, I may still have the small torque converter too.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2004, 04:38 PM

lol brainsboy you being for real or just kidding lol. Im being for real about that i was just wondering if you were lol thatd be awesome but i dont wanna take stuff for free that costs alot i dont want to like make you loose money it makes me feel like im robbing someone... but that doesnt mean i wont take free stuff lol. So i will have to get alot of stuff just for a tranny? like the casings and all, but why cant i just buy the tranny straight from an old car and get it rebuilt? but umm yeah do you think a pinto with a 351w would dust a camaro stock? or would i have to do alittle work to bring up the HP like GT 40 heads and a cam to fit that and maybe bore out the block alittle cause this guy i know owns a machine shop and may do it for cheap. Im probably going to the junkyard next week ill get some prices and ideas and post them on here and hopefully you guys can help me out wiht some of it so i can make this thing fly lol. Thanks again
Old 02-06-2004, 04:51 PM
Muscle car fan

Last photo:

output depends on the car you get it from and what year.

if i were you i'd maybe try shoehorning the junkyard engine in the engine bay (assuming it runs) and get it running before spending $$ to get the engine rebuilt, it'd be better to have a running car, than an engine that makes wicked output and have to wait for more money to get the car moving.

Assuming the engine is running, you could do some of the bolt ons for more power without having to tear it down to begin with, exhaust, carb, milling the heads, and a cheap summit cam should yeild around 250+hp, and 320+ft lbs i would think
Old 02-06-2004, 05:54 PM

so dont rebuild the engine at first?? i wanted to rebuild it one so id know more about he engine and two to check all the seals and everything in it to make sure it was in running condition and wouldnt mess up 100 miles down the road, but see if i rebuild it im not gonna add more than i can offord, i might add GT 40 heads and a cam to fit that which i dunno what cam would if you know please tell me, and also an intake and just some other stuff that i can offord to put on then im gonna put it in the car and drive and as i get money put it into the car. Should i do that or just add little stuff at a time because from what ive calculated, the car about $500, the tranny about $500, and the engine anywhere for $300 to $600 then have to rebuild it. That leaves me with about 1 grand left to spend or more i wont know exactly till after i get all that.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:52 AM
back to action!

Last photo:

Juston, when things start getting you down, keep looking at this.
Les
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pinto2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1215  
Old 02-07-2004, 04:20 PM

OMG that is the baddest(awesomet) pinto ive ever seen, thats like the coolest looking thing ever OMG OMG OMG thats what i want my car to look like, wow thatd scare the socks off someone, i bet that thing will fly like literally put wings and itd go. Id like to see the look on the babes faces when i pull up to the mall with a pinto lookin like that theyd be all over me. WOW thanks for the pic man that is really gonna encourage me :-D.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:29 PM
back to action!

Last photo:

glad you like it, that magazine is from1982 and back then i wanted to do exactly what you are trying now, there was no net then and i looked everywhere for information and pictures of wild pintos but this one was the best. was trying to line up a car and parts but along came a good deal on a '76 trans am and that was pretty much the end of that. that magazine was always a source of inspiration for me to push on and yes i think the babes would appreciate it. that pinto would be highly illegal in these parts 'cause the blower is too high and it has a narrowed rear-end and massive frame surgery but who cares.
Les
Old 02-07-2004, 05:00 PM

lol sweet well like do you know alot about cars, or does anyone know alot about cars and can help me when i get my stuff and all i want to put on it? But like yeah itd be illegal here to but what im sayin is whos gonna catch ya hahaha, until you run outta gas... but itd be fun up till then i guess lol.
Old 02-07-2004, 05:25 PM
back to action!

Last photo:

i would be glad to help out in any way possible but i dont know much about engines and combos and sources. i'm on this forum for just that reason. there are people out there that sure know their stuff, like centerline and pencilneck. they helped me out bigtime. 38 special and pony are good too. i make my living airbrushing and i'm finally gonna get into the other areas i have always been interested in but never had the time. one thing i find valuble is a lot of research. if this was easy then anyone could do it. i find i always lose interest in a project and give up and that's my major problem. started lots of things and end up selling it for someone else to finish. now i'm gonna see my mustang through and this forum is the cat's pajamas!
Les
Old 02-07-2004, 05:44 PM

ah thanks man thats cool, so you airbrush eh, do you do designs on cars and trucks and stuff. Also where are you from what state? My uncle airbrushes hes preety good, my dads a taxidermist and my uncle paints the fish and stuff for him. im from south carolina
Old 02-28-2004, 06:07 PM

go with anything but a C4. they were not very durable, if any way possible, get a C6, they hold up a lot better.

Fordcrazy
Old 02-29-2004, 07:16 PM

just wondering after reading these messages if the gt 40 heads would work on a 351m/400? and what a good cam would be to install if the gt 40 heads fit. Right now i have cleveland heads.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:09 AM
aka Duke of URL

Last wiki edit: Finding vacuum leaks Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Question

A CLEVOR reversion?

Stay with what you have or build a 351W.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.